My Savior


MY SAVIOR


My savior offers me escape
From a world of fiery emotions, disdain and
Broken promises so I flee to her bosom of
Ironic tangents and supple, sensual innuendos.
In her speech of hidden words and
Convoluted meanings I sense a
Twist of fate.
In passing, we sneak glances at each other
And see what is good.

At times I am a victim of
My outreaching heart, longing for repair
In its connections. In past emotions, I sought
Everything and nothing. I aimed Cupid's arrow
At misbegotten targets too general for focus.
My savior offers me a target: a roving bullseye.
We laugh and gaze at each other--and see what is good.

At my savior's side, I dismiss
Pain and anger; she misplaces doubt and fear.
Once lost, I find myself in a sermon of
Praise and direction.

Then my savior reaches out to me in silent pain.
We hold each other with courage and hope,
Exchanging roles, once a pupil now I am a teacher.
We march the road to connection;
I feed on her need for me.
We trade glances and see what is still good.


(c) Angelo Bell 2012-2013