Radio DJ

Radio DJ_img




Internet Radio DJ



A radio plays inside my head again;
A song I recognize...the mellifluous chants
And hums of Annie Lennox with staccato beats of reggae.

A voice follows the enchantment of song,
A voice I know...it pierces like a cold stare.
The DJ is someone whose eyes I've met before.

I sit and listen in darkness with only
A black music box and it's flickering
Amber lights to keep me company.
The box comes alive with the antics of
Dancing, prancing phantoms,
Musical muses and the volatile voice
Of a heart possessed.

The incessant chatter, a lonely
Narration by my DJ brings tears to my eyes.
An eerie echo--emanations from
The music box--chills my spine.
I hear the affectations the uncanny shrill
Has on my DJ. Her voice becomes
A hesitant tremble. She is unnerved by
The prickliness, the familiarity
Of the cry.

My DJ and I shiver in unison.
The tone of triumph,
The pitch of eagerness,
The flow of words...they grapple with my resistance
And tug at my willpower like a needy child.
I try to embrace what is not there
For a voice has no form, no substance;
Only hypnotic powers that
Caress my pains, but I
Cannot reach the voice
To reciprocate.


In the darkness I find solitude
Uplifting and inspiring.
I look for crosses to bear, pains
To heal and wrongs to make right. My DJ stands
Beside me with verbal sword and armor in hand.
Her eloquent, weeping battle cry forces my
Mind into action. I turn to her.
I think I have felt the wetness of her tears before.

Oh, if I could transcend this world
Of radio waves and atmospheric
Transmissions I would gaze into those haunted
Eyes and embrace the energies and origin
Of that melodious voice which cries in pain.

How long shall she play songs of hope
And love: sad love songs of hurt, rejection

Anddespair; and uplifting
Tunes--fulfillments of needs? How long shall
She speaks of hearts that find each other
While her own spirit grows
Cynical from solitude and heartache?

My DJ sits alone in an empty place;
And me? Alone in a darkened space.
We reach out to each other--our hands
Never meet but our minds Collide telepathically
In regions beyond the physical.
Soon our hearts will follow
As we are each other's savior.