Crying



I was listening to "Broken" by Seether featuring Amy Lee, the cool gal from Evanescence. My daughters were in the car becuase I just gotten them from their cousins house. The song ended just as we stopped in front of our house and as I shifted the car into park my daughter called my name.

"Daddy?" She said.

"Yes, baby" I replied.

"I was crying just now."

"Why were you crying?" I asked, somewhat worried.. Earlier I'd looked through the rearview window and noticed that she had her face planted on the glass, looking out. However, I didn't think anything was wrong.

I turned around, leaned over the seat and engaged her with my eyes to let her know I was really interested in what she was feeling.

Finally, she looked up at me with those big slanted eyes of hers and said, "I was crying because I was listening to the lady sing and she sounds so sad.

I smiled. Girls. You just gotta love 'em.